ADVANTAGES OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OVER POSITIVE FEEDBACKThere are numerous advantages for Negative feedback amplifier over positive feedback.
And having only one
advantage for Positive feedback,The amplifier with positive feedback increases the overall Gain. While the negative feedback amplifier reduces gain considerably.
ADVANTAGES OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AMPLIFIER
1. GAIN STABILITYThe negative feedback amplifier increases the Gain Stability.
ie; The gain will be stable over external or internal variations.
2. NOISE REDUCTIONIt is impossible to construct an Amplifier without NOISE. By using Negative Feedback amplifier we can reduce the Noise.
3. REDUCTION IN NONLINEAR DISTORTIONBy the increase in Number of Amplifier stages, Nonlinear Distortion also increases Gradually.
4. BANDWIDTH CAN BE INCREASEDNegative Feedback Amplifier Decreases the Voltage Gain, the reduction in voltage gain results improved Frequency Band Width.
5. INCREASE IN INPUT IMPEDENCEThe amplifier with Negative feedback Increases the Input impedence.
Thus we can avoid loading of signal source.
6. DECREASE IN OUTPUT IMPEDENCEThe amplifier with Negative feedback Reduces the output Impedence.
BACK TO ELECTRONICS HOME