Posted by Tittu Thomas , 5/31/2012
APPLICATIONS OF FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTORS (FET)
Due to the Very high Input Impedence, FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTORS find too many applications in the field of Electronics.
Compared to ordinary Transistors FETs provide huge Input impedence, thus it avoid the Loading of Signal sources.
Hence FET is an ideal device for the use of almost all applications.
APPLICATIONS OF FET
1. FETs are commonly used as Input Amplifiers in devices such as, Oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and other measuring devices due to their high input Impedence.
2. FETs are used in RF amplifiers for FM devices.
3. FET is a Voltage Controlled Device, so it is used as Voltage-Variable Resistors in OP-AMP.
4. FETs posses low intermodulation distortions. So they are used in mixer circuits.
5. FETs find their applications in low frequency amplifiers due to its small coupling capacitors.
OTHER APPLICATIONS OF FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTORS
1. Used in digital circuits
2. Used in Memory devices, due to its smaller size.
3. Used as Analog Switch
4. Used as Low Noise Amplifier
5. Used as Buffer Amplifier
6. Used as Cascode Amplifier
7. Used as Chopper Amplifier
8. Used as MultiPlexer
9. Used as Current Limiter
10. Used as Phase shift Oscillator
BACK TO ELECTRONICS HOME
Comparison Between SCR BJT and mosFET
Categories: fet, field effect transistors, tutorials