Posted by Tittu Thomas , 6/23/2012
Here is some important ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES OF RC PHASE SHIFT OSCILLATORS
ADVANTAGES OF RC PHASE SHIFT OSCILLATOR.
1. It is cheap and simple to design because it contains only one transistors with some Resistors and Capacitors.
2. It provides good Frequency stability.
3. Circuit is simpler than other OSCILLATOR.
4. It doesn't need any negative feedback and stabilisation arrangements.
5. The output is Sinusoidal so it is quite Distortion Free.
6. Having wide operating Frequency range.
7. Also suitable for low Frequencies.
DISADVANTAGES OF RC PHASE SHIFT OSCILLATOR.
1. The output is small due to smaller feedback.
2. It is difficult for the Circuit to start oscillations.
3. The Frequency stability is not so Good.
4. It requires high Vcc. For large feedback.
Categories: oscillator, tutorials